Understanding spatial dimensions?
Before you dive into tile flooring selections, assess the size of the space in question.
- Small spaces, big impact: For smaller rooms, using large tiles can make the area appear more expansive by reducing the number of grout lines. Conversely, tiny mosaic tiles might make the room feel more cramped.
- Expansive areas: In larger spaces, you have the luxury of experimenting. Larger tiles can maintain a clean, open feel, while smaller tiles can add detail and texture.
The room?s purpose and traffic?
The function of a room and the foot traffic it receives play a crucial role in determining tile flooring size.
- High-traffic zones: In areas like the kitchen or hallway, larger tiles tend to be more durable, bearing the brunt of daily activity.
- Intimate, low-traffic spaces: Smaller tiles can be ideal for bathroom walls or feature walls in living rooms, where intricate patterns and designs can shine.
Tile size and perceived height?
The dimensionality of tiles can influence the perceived height of a room.
- Vertical stretch: Using elongated tiles vertically can give the illusion of higher ceilings.
- Horizontal expansion: Horizontal laying of rectangular tiles can make a space appear wider.
Grout Lines and Maintenance?
Remember, the size of the tile impacts the number of grout lines.
- Ease of cleaning: Larger tiles mean fewer grout lines, making cleaning simpler and giving a sleek appearance.
- Detailed design: Smaller tiles offer more detailed designs but come with increased maintenance due to more grout lines.
Stay open to mixed sizes?
Who says you need to stick to one size? Combining different tile sizes can add a dynamic visual interest to your space, providing both functionality and design flair.
Visit our tile store today
Choosing the right porcelain or ceramic tile size is an art and science combined. By considering the space's size, its function, and desired aesthetic effect, you can find the perfect tile flooring size to bring your vision to life. Remember, it's not just about the tile's design but also its proportion in the context of your space.
Simply Floors is proud to offer a wide selection of ceramic and porcelain tiles. Our showrooms in Wheat Ridge and Centennial, CO, serve Wheat Ridge, Centennial, Denver, Arvada, Aurora, Golden, and Parker.