The warmth and comfort of carpet have made it a favorite flooring option for decades. But there is no doubt that the color, style, and durability options can be overwhelming. Let Simply Floors’ shop-at-home service bring our expertise and wide selection of carpet right to your front door in the surrounding Denver areas. When you book your appointment, our experts are ready to help you match carpet options to your style and budget. As we look together at your carpet needs, we’ll talk about a few carpet basics that will help you make a choice that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Texture – create a traditional look with textured yarns – this is a great choice for high traffic areas.
- Loop – most durable carpet available – uneven loops provide texture, while even loops provide added durability – another great option for high traffic areas (also known as Berber).
- Pattern – creates a formal carpet look with dramatic visuals that set your Denver space apart.
- Twist – go for a soft, casual look with a long cut pile (also known as Frieze), known to “lay down” and requires more maintenance to keep its appearance.
- Nylon – known for its durability, resiliency, and color versatility, nylon is the most versatile of all carpet fibers.
- Polyester – with exceptional softness and color clarity, polyester is also naturally stain and fade resistant.
- Triexta – recognized as being significantly more durable and resilient than conventional polyester, Triexta is incredibly stain resistant and significantly softer than both polyester and nylon.
- Wool – while more expensive than synthetic fibers, wool is a natural carpet fiber that can provide decades of durability as well as stain, soil, and flame resistance.
What makes carpet such a tried-and-true flooring option?
The warm comfort of carpet, the versatility of style and color options, and the longevity of its durability in your Denver home make it a top flooring option.
And unlike other types of flooring‚ carpet is a natural insulator‚ providing additional insulation in all seasons. The use of carpet actually increases the R–value (insulation level) of the carpeted area‚ potentially saving on utility costs and reducing energy use.
What about allergies and asthma?
A common misconception is that people with asthma and allergies should avoid carpet in their Denver home. Actually, the opposite is true. Studies have shown that properly cleaned carpet helps reduce symptoms and is the best flooring choice for those dealing with asthma and allergies.
One recent study showed that carpet trapped allergens to a greater extent than hard-surface floors, resulting in fewer particles escaping into the air. Gravity causes common household particles o fall to the floor. Carpet fibers then trap the particles, removing them from the breathing zone and reducing their circulation in the air. Proper vacuuming then effectively removes dust and allergens from the carpet and helps keep them out of the air we breathe.
Does the padding I choose really make a difference?
The right carpet pad in your Denver home acts as a shock absorber to increase comfort and extend durability. It also helps buffer sound and provides increased insulation, making a room quieter and warmer.
A certain padding thickness and density is required by every carpet manufacturer to maintain your carpet warranty. The wrong carpet cushion can negatively affect the carpet in several ways including: diminished appearance, wrinkling and buckling, separation of the carpet seams, and breakdown of the carpet structure itself.
Our flooring experts will guide you through choosing the right pad for your carpet and home.
What about installation?
Not many folks realize it, but proper flooring installation is as or even more important than the product you choose. A bad carpet installation in your Denver home will always bring problems down the line. This is why we maintain a high level of training and standards for our installation crews.
And since our goal at every step of the process is to keep things simple and stress-free, our crew will move your furniture, remove your old flooring, completely clean underneath the old flooring before installing the new, and then replace your furniture and remove all old flooring and debris at the end of your install.
When you have chosen just the right carpet for your home, our installation experts will install and finish your project. At every step of the way, we take pride in our product knowledge and ability to answer all of your questions. And, most importantly, we strive to see our customers completely satisfied with their carpet installation in their Denver home!
Let us show you our many style and color options. Book your in-home appointment today!
At Simply Floors Inc. we service the following areas: Denver, Arvada, Lakewood, Aurora, Westminster, Greenwood Village, Glendale, Englewood, Littleton, Centennial, Thornton, and the surrounding areas.